Jun 22, 2021 / Safety Toe Footwear, Slip Resistant Footwear
What are the Top 7 Safety Tennis Shoes?
Safety Tennis Shoes have rapidly become a preferred safety shoe for professionals required to wear safety footwear. There are many workplaces where safety shoes are a requirement, but many of those same environments don’t require the rigors of a classic steel-toed work boot.
In an indoor environment, for example, where physical labor is more intermittent, safety tennis shoes offer an alternative to the traditional work boot. Safety tennis shoes offer the comfort and support of a standard athletic shoe but with the required (and necessary) safety toe that you would find in a steel toe boot.
In order to understand what "safety tennis shoes" are, we must first establish the broader definition of "safety toe shoes". Put simply, a safety toe shoe is any shoe that has a toe cap rigid enough to protect your toes from potential harm and a shoe that meets the latest ASTM standards.
It used to be that only steel-toed boots were considered safety shoes, but as technology has improved, more shoes are now safety certified. Technologies like carbon fiber, nano-web, composite and alloy, are used in shoes to create a suitable safety toe. These types of technological advancements have led to the modern safety tennis shoe. In basic terms, safety tennis shoes are tennis shoes with a certified safety toe.
When deciding which safety tennis shoe is best for you, things like fit, style, shape, and even brand will all play a part in your decision. You may even consider looking at slip-resistant shoes for women and men that look like tennis shoes but are built for slippery environments and come with safety toe caps. When shopping at Boot World, you can be certain that whichever safety tennis shoe you choose is made with superior craftsmanship and certified to protect your feet while on the job.
To help you make your final choice, here is a quick list of our top seven safety tennis shoes (in no particular order):
1. Women’s Reebok Sublite Legend - One of our most popular choices, this safety tennis shoe is lightweight and flexible with a trendy athletic cut. Built to keep you comfortable and safe while on the job, this fashionable safety toe sneaker features XTR® Brand Composite. Complete with a non-slip sole, this safety tennis shoe is designed to be dependable and durable. Experience the security that comes from a safety toe work sneaker designed to support your foot with maximum comfort.
2. Keen Utility Sparta Aluminum Toe EH Work Shoe - Take casual comfort to the next level with this lightweight safety toe sneaker from Keen. Perfect for light industrial work, this slip-resistant sneaker comes with non-mutilating breathable woven mesh uppers, a cushioning polyurethane insole and a non-marking rubber outsole. Trust that your foot will stay comfortable all day while providing you with ultimate protection.
3. Timberland Pro Composite Toe Drivetrain Non-metallic Electrical Hazard Black A1rvh - Looking for both style and comfort in a safety tennis shoe? Look no further. This light-duty safety shoe keeps your foot safe through all conditions, provides full comfort during long days on your feet and abrasion-resistant mesh uppers to ensure optimal foot health. Featuring breathable antimicrobial wick dry linings for odor control, superior grip for better traction on all surfaces, and suitable for all-weather and temperatures, this shoe makes for the perfect safety tennis sneaker.
4. Men’s Reebok All Terrain Oxford Steel Toe - Don’t let the fact that this is an all-terrain shoe fool you into thinking it won’t perform indoors. This lightweight steel toe sneaker is reinforced with steel safety toes and slip-resistant deep flex grooves for improved traction and memory foam insoles for all-day comfort and full foot support. This shoe offers complete support, full protection, and all-day comfort regardless of the situation, making it the ideal safety shoe for those professionals who need safety without limitation.
5. Women’s Skechers Sure Track Saguenay Safety Toe - The perfect combination of style and functionality, these lightweight steel toe tennis shoes are supportive and comfortable. A sporty work shoe that is made to keep your feet comfortable and safe; it is slip-resistant, ASTM-certified, and EH-rated. Find your footing on even the slipperiest of surfaces thanks to the Boot World Advantage slip-resistant PRO, approved for optimal slip-resistance on low traction surfaces.
6. Men’s Reebok Sublite Cushion Safety Shoe - This popular choice is highly rated for a reason due to its incredible comfort! Built like a typical tennis shoe, the Reebok Sublite Cushion Safety Shoe is the casual shoe for serious situations. Crafted with alloy safety toes, this EH rated work shoe is as comfortable and breathable as your favorite pair of sneakers, all while being an ASTM-rated safety toe shoe. Ridiculously lightweight and extremely flexible, this safety tennis shoe comes complete with wick dry linings and oil-resistant soles for dry, slip-resistant footing.
7. Women’s Reebok Fusion Flexweave Composite Safety Toe - Experience the shock-absorbing power flex weave technology and Floatride Energy foam midsole with this easy-going safety tennis shoe. This highly responsive women’s safety shoe is flexible and comfortable, keeping the foot supported in all positions. Crafted with an ultra slip-resistant sole, this shoe will keep you grounded and secure even in the toughest work environment. The metallic free composite toe offers just as much protection as a steel toe with the added bonus of being extremely lightweight. Safety meets stylish with this trendy and cute women’s safety athletic shoe.
Whatever your brand or style, Boot World has the perfect safety tennis shoe for you. Don’t let the daily requirements of hard work prevent your feet from feeling their best. Get the best of both worlds with a pair of Boot World safety tennis shoes!