For exceptional leather care to make your leathers last longer, be more weatherproof and maintain or improve the softness, the Dr. Marten Wonder Balsam is a wonderful product with a delightful blend of lanolin and beeswaxes for a rich conditioner and waterproofer.
Although the Wonder Balsam is a great product to help keep your leather healthy and soft especially as it ages or after wettings, it may darken some leathers and will matt down suede or nubuck. If this effect is not desirable, use Burleigh water-resistant spray. Bear in mind, these types of water repellant sprays do not replenish oils that have dried out from the leather over time or settings.
For shiny smooth leathers
- Wipe the entire boot down with a damp cloth paying special attention to the creases to remove all debris. If the damp cloth isn’t adequately removing the debris, try a wet brush or towel with saddle soap or Bic 1. Make sure all the soap and debris are removed from the leather after cleaning. Use the brush or towel to clean the welt area (where the sole is attached to the upper) of the shoe to remove as much debris from the area. Pat dry.
- Apply the Wonder Balsam with your hand, sponge, or cloth over the entire leather exterior of the boot and allow time and include some warmth for the Wonder Balsam to soak in. After, simply wipe off.
- If a higher shine is desired, simply polish.
For oiled leathers
- Follow the same instructions as above except do not polish at the end. An oiled leather typically is without polish but kept “naked”.
Dr. Martens’ appeal to people who have their own individual style but share a united spirit – authentic characters who stand for something. People who possess a proud sense of self- expression. People who are different.
On a stylistic level, Dr. Martens’ simple silhouettes allow their wearers to adopt the boots and shoes as part of their own individual and very distinctive style; on a practical level, their famous durability and comfort make them ideal for the unforgiving world of gigs and street fashion; and then finally on an emotional level, they are a badge of attitude and empowerment.
Sole Durability: No
Slip Resistance: No
- Sizing: Leather Care
- Footwear Shank: No
- Non-Marking Sole: No
- Defined Heel: No
- Country Of Origin:
The Dr. Martens Wonder Balsam is the natural solution for your favorite leathers. Offering 5 benefits in one – protection, nourishment, preservation, waterproofing, and softness – this balsam is a unique Dr. Martens blend of 3 natural ingredients:-Beeswax - preserves the oils & helps waterproof the leather & seams.
-Lanolin - an amazing oil that works great for protecting your leather.
-Coconut Oil - softens & keeps the leather healthy, preventing dryness & cracking while supporting waterproofing.
If you’re looking to protect your investment in a quality shoe, the Boot World team highly recommends the Dr. Martens Wonder Balsam. There’s no denying, it’s just that good!
- For use on all leather except suede types
- No polishing necessary
- Rub a little Wonder Balsam on the inside of your boot to help soften the leather
- 85ml of product included
- Sponge included inside the tin
- *Use with care: will darken some leathers. This leather balsam is beneficial for suede but will change its appearance by matting down the nap.