To clean oiled smooth leather footwear, remove all dirt and debris from the footwear surface using a damp cloth. For embedded dirt, use Sof Sole Saddle Soap, applying a small amount to a dry cleaning cloth and gently rubbing the footwear surface in a circular motion. Continue rubbing well into the leather until the saddle soap is no longer visible. Wipe off any excess saddle soap with a clean, damp cloth. On heavy work type leathers, apply a leather conditioner such as Boot World Mink Oil to help waterproof/soften the leather and keep it from drying out over time. For dress leathers, apply Bic 4. For best results, test mink oil or the Bic 4 in an inconspicuous area as it may darken some leathers. Allow your footwear to dry naturally in a ventilated room. For maximum waterproofing and preservation in harsh conditions, use Atsko Sno-Seal Original Beeswax Waterproofing Wax.
- Remove dirt and debris with a damp cloth
- For embedded dirt, use Sof Sole Leather Saddle Soap
- Gently rub the footwear surface in a circular motion
- Wipe off any excess soap with a clean, damp cloth
- Depending on the leather, after the cleaning, use Boot World Mink oil for smooth work leathers, and for dress leathers use Bic 4 to recondition.
- Allow footwear to dry in a naturally ventilated room
- For maximum waterproofing use Atsko Sno-Seal Original Beeswax Waterproofing Wax
For nearly a century, Danner has crafted boots with purpose and integrity - footwear to equip those who choose the unlikely path, those who cut fresh trails, those who pioneer.
Charles Danner came west to build the best boots loggers had ever known, an effort that resulted in a long-standing heritage brand with a renegade spirit. A spirit that proudly lives on in each pair of Danner boots we make to this day.
- This product is in Men's U.S. sizing
- You may return merchandise purchased online for size, fit, or style reasons within 60 days of shipment of your order, provided it has not been damaged or worn. For more information, please visit our Customer Service page
- For more information on how a boot or shoe should fit, please click here
Sole Durability: 3 - Average Sole Durability
Slip Resistance: 2 - Below Average Slip Resistance
- Sizing: Men
- Upper Material: Leather, Nylon/Mesh, Rubber/PVC
- Lining Material: Mesh, Moisture Wicking Linings
- Footwear Shank: Nylon Diffusion Plate
- Footwear Sole Construction: Cement
- Non-Marking Sole: Yes
- Defined Heel: None
- Country Of Origin: Vietnam
- Weight (Single): 1 lb 6 oz
- Profession: Maintenance / EVS, Mechanic / Light Manufacturing, Warehouse / Distribution
- Best Use: Casual, Hiking
- Footwear Style: 6 Inch, Boots, Hiker, Lace-Up
- Footwear Features: Abrasion Resistant Toes, Breathable Linings, Flexible, Insole - Removable Cushion, Insole Material - Polyurethane, Lightweight, Non-Marking Sole, Padded Collar, Padded Tongue, Shock Absorbing Outsole, Waterproof
Leave it to Danner to exceed your expectations with this rugged all-terrain hiker built with a combination of high-performance technologies and Danner comfort.
Comfortable from day one, the Danner Vital Trail Waterproof Hiking Boot provides an athletic shoe fit and comfort with a tighter heel pocket and a wider toe box in a modern hiking boot. The Danner Vital features a polyurethane-coated leather upper paired with 900 denier polyester, creating a hard-wearing abrasion-resistant upper for a tough exterior that holds up to wear. These men's hiking boot features a polyurethane footbed that fights fatigue and won't collapse over time and a Danner Plyolite midsole that provides lightweight shock-absorbing comfort for all-day wear.
You can venture off the trails in comfort while the breathable mesh linings and Danner waterproof membrane keep your feet dry, and the multi-density padded ankle and tongue and ghillie lacing system provide support and secure fit on soft and wet terrain. Plus, the Danner Vital outsole with multi-directional lugs grips moss, rocks, and slick surfaces, getting you where you want to go.
- Abrasion Resistant Leather & 900 Denier Polyester Upper
- 6" Shaft Height with Padded Collar & Tongue for Ankle Comfort & Support
- 1.5" Wedge Heel Height
- Ghillie Lacing with Locking Speed Hooks for a Quick & Secure Fit
- Lined with Moisture Wicking Mesh & Danner Dry Waterproof Membrane for Complete Weatherproofing, Breathability, & All-Season Comfort
- Polyurethane Footbed Provides Superior Shock Absorption with an Additional Layer of Open Cell Construction for Air Circulation
- Nylon Shank Fights Fatigue & Provides Torsional Rigidity & Lateral Support
- Danner Plyolite EVA Midsole Offers Lightweight Comfort & Shock Absorption
- Danner Vital TPU Outsole Features Multi-directional Lugs Providing Grip on Moss, Rocks, & Slick Surfaces